But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not grow weary,
they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Queen-sized!

I have owned my queen-sized bed for over two years now, and before that, I slept on a double. So for a number of years, I have had the pleasure of a huge and spacious sleep area just for me. It occurred to me last night, when I was putting my freshly washed and warm-fresh-from-the-dryer bedding back onto my bed, that I have never actually taken advantage of the fact that I do not have to share my bed with ANYONE. Every night, I pull down the sheet and blanket on the right side of the bed without disturbing the left side. The pillows stay in their same position, and the comforter is neatly in place as well. I crawl into my twin sized space, curl up, and go to sleep. It finally dawned on me: Why do I use only half of my bed? Once I am married, I will always have to share the other half with someone else! So, for the very first time, I set up my pillows in the direct middle of the bed, pulled the covers down, plopped in, and sprawled into the most comfortable position in the middle of my mattress, and enjoyed the best night's sleep I have had in as long as I can remember! That is all :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay hooray for big beds! and were not married!